Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Best of Both Worlds













A few weeks ago, I heard some little voices on the back patio summoning me outside. I was at the opposite end of the house, so by the time I made my way to the door, I saw the back sides of two little blonds running out of my gate. I didn't recognize them, so later, when Lucas came inside, I asked him, "Who were those girls?" He told me that they were our own neighbors, Courtney and Maria. I said, "You mean those twins with long blond hair?!" He sprung out the back door without acknowledging me and disappeared. A few minutes later my mystery was solved. Two giggling girls came dancing through the gate to show me their new Hannah Montana wigs. I snapped their picture as they happily posed in true Miley style!

Later that day I was laughing with Maria's mom about how I didn't recognize the girls, and she told me about the bargain she got on the Hannah Montana wigs. When she reached the checkout to pay for a wig for her daughter, the cashier informed her that the wigs were $20 each, or 2 for $10. YOU do the math on that one. She bought two. :)
Most everyone knows that I am outnumbered in my house - 4 males to 1 female. I don't have much if any clue about being mom to a little girl. But I do have the neighbor's girls to give me little doses here and there of what raising girls is about.
So thanks to my neighbors' girls I get the best of both worlds. And these 2 little ladies are as delightful as they are cute!










1 comment:

Kelly said...

Very cute Amanda! Girls and boys are very different...aren't they!?