Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Impulse Blogging

Okay, this one is strictly impulsive, but I couldn't resist.

I ran across
this story while reading the news on line Tuesday morning. It was a brief "awwww" moment for my day.

I am not a big animal lover in general. But I did love the unpredictable little American Eskimo puppy we had when I was a kid. I guess even now if I had a pet I might grow to love it. However, I am SURE I could never love a cat! I'm allergic to them so that doesn't increase the likelihood that I'll ever come close to enjoying them. ( Why do most cats remind me of the stuck-up, antisocial, spoiled, neurotic cheerleaders from my High School days?! Maybe my issues are more about the cheerleaders and less about cats?!) I simply LOATHE cats.
Then again, there is ONE exception. My sister had a likable cat. "CP", (short for couch potato), would chase a foil ball and bring it back to you much like a dog plays fetch. CP seemed to be a bit more social than other cats I have known, even though she primarily lounged on the couch. Once she jumped from the kitchen window smack dab into a pan of hot enchiladas on the dinner table! Gross, but funny! She was a cool cat to have around.

But I digress....

So, here is a rather poor video quality version of the story from Tuesday. It's a bit rough to watch at first so be warned. If you can watch it for the full 40 or so seconds, the end is somewhat of an "awwwwwww" moment. (note: It appears that the first dog did not survive, but there is something to be said about the other dog pulling his comrade out of the barrage of speeding cars.)

Can you say "Good dog!" ?



No comments: