Thursday, September 18, 2008

65 and Counting

















I think being "mom" is one of the toughest jobs
I’ve ever done (next to being a wife!). It requires constant patience, energy, sacrifice, thick skinned-ness, tolerance, love, and a sense of humor. We only get one chance at being a mom. Each age brings new challenges, and just when you figure out how to handle one stage, you roll into the next. Even if you have more than one child, they are all different, which means you must be wise and flexible when it comes to raising each one. I rely on God daily to help me with the "wise and flexible" thing.

A few posts ago, I mentioned that I consider birthdays to be a more formal, contemplative pit stop in life where we pause to do a sort of “life review”. This Saturday, we celebrate my Mom's 65th birthday. That's a lot of life to review! LOL I think pictures will make it a more amusing pit stop. We are thankful for her 65 years and for the generosity, love and support she has constantly given to our family. Happy 65th Birthday, mom (aka Carol & Grammy)!


No comments: