Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Forbidden Fruit



It's unknown exactly what type of fruit Eve ate from the tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of these incredible, divine creations!
It's no secret that I have an addiction to the Food Network, so let it be known - if you need any sort of food gifts or want to know a good place to eat while on vacation, just ask Amanda. Years ago during one of those 2 a.m. infant feedings, I watched a piece on the Food Network about Mrs. Prindables Handmade Confections. I told my dh about them, we ordered, and have been hooked ever since!
I affectionately refer to these apples as forbidden fruit (everyone in the house is forbidden from eating them except me!) or my $1000 apple (check out the price plus shipping and handling for one of these babies at http://www.mrsprindables.com/). Since they cost about the same as a monthly car payment, we don't get them often. But around Mother's Day, Valentine's Day and Amanda's birthday, if I hear the familiar rumble of the UPS truck, I drop everything and dart to the bay window screaming "It's my apple! It's my apple!" (similar to the way my 3 boys act when they hear the ice cream truck).
All I can say is, "Ahhhhhh, it's good to be the Mom"!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I've had one of these! I agree...they're awesome! And it's always good to be the mom!! :)