Monday, November 9, 2009


For the most part, I am decorating-impaired. I dread the thought of coming up with a plan for my new kitchen. One of the reasons that decorating drives me crazy is the one million and one choices of color, style, furniture, design, etc. I like a variety of everything. I need it narrowed down for me. Starting from scratch makes me feel a bit overwhelmed. I'd rather look at several completed room designs and pick one to recreate.

We recently removed the wall to wall carpet in anticipation of refinishing our hardwood floors. However, the living room hardwood is just too darn cold for my feet, so I insist on having area rugs to warm the place up. I took a leap and bought an area rug that I love. I'll worry about the rest of the living room details when the time comes.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See you are not decorating challenged at all. Kathy our HG Openhouse decorating expert says to start with a rug you love and go from there. Next thing you know you will be decorating the neighbors house. ;-) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!